The June 2019 issue of the Stockwoods Administrative and Regulatory Law Case Review is now available. In this issue we discuss recent decisions from the Court of Appeal for Ontario, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Divisional Court and the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, on the following issues:
- Regulatory jurisdiction does not extend to out-of-province online retainer
- Regulatory jurisdiction is personal, not territorial
- Jurisdiction over pre-registration conduct in certain circumstances
- Scope of judicial review
- Reasons adequate despite lack of analysis of personal information
- Expansive approach to the scope of the “Charter values” approach
- Challenge to decision not to refer to discipline dismissed as moot
Should you have any questions about the Newsletter, please feel free to contact the co-editors (Andrea Gonsalves and Justin Safayeni), or another lawyer at Stockwoods LLP.
We hope you enjoy this issue and the summer!