The August issue of the Stockwoods Administrative and Regulatory Law Case Review is now available. In this issue we cover recent decisions from the Federal Court of Appeal, Ontario Court of Appeal, Divisional Court, and Law Society of Ontario Tribunal on the following issues:
- The standard of review for procedural fairness questions
- Upholding a discipline tribunal’s penalty decision as fit and reasonable
- Applying the correctness standard following a long line of established jurisprudence
- The application of the prematurity doctrine to a tribunal’s interlocutory ruling on solicitor-client privilege
- Regulator’s duty to accommodate a licensee’s disability
Download a copy here.
Should you have any questions about the cases or issues discussed, please feel free to contact the co-editors (Andrea Gonsalves and Justin Safayeni), or another lawyer at Stockwoods LLP.