The new issue of the Stockwoods Administrative and Regulatory Law Newsletter is now available. You can download it here.
In this issue you’ll find cases from the Supreme Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal, and courts across the country on the following topics:
- No deference to reviewing courts on selection and application of standard of review
- Limited appeal rights and judicial review jurisdiction
- Vavilov approach to statutory appeals to a court does not apply to internal appeals
- Issue estoppel can bar civil claims seeking to relitigate decisions of administrative officers
- Dagenais/Mentuck test applies to a quasi-judicial tribunal
- Permissible scope of statutory delegation
This issue also introduces our new feature called Quotes from the Cases, which a collection of notable quotes from recent administrative law decisions.
Should you have any questions about the Newsletter, please feel free to contact the co-editors (Andrea Gonsalves, Justin Safayeni or Dragana Rakic), or another lawyer at Stockwoods LLP.