After a brief hiatus, the Stockwoods Administrative and Regulatory Law Newsletter is back! You can access it here. This New Year edition covers some of the biggest administrative law cases since the summer, including cases from the Supreme Court of Canada, Court of Appeal for Ontario, Federal Court of Appeal and Ontario Divisional Court on the following topics:
- Supreme Court reworks the test for dismissal for delay in administrative proceedings
- Concurrent first instance jurisdiction, a new category of correctness review
- Applying the reasonableness standard post-Vavilov to decisions of the Labour Relations Board
- Regulations to be reviewed on reasonableness standard instead of Katz methodology
- Patients have no standing to challenge regulator’s request for records in an investigation
Should you have any questions about the Newsletter, please feel free to contact the co-editors, Andrea Gonsalves or Justin Safayeni, or another lawyer at Stockwoods LLP.
If you wish to unsubscribe from the mailing list, please contact Alice Chu at email@example.com.