The latest edition of the Stockwoods Administrative and Regulatory Law Case Review is now available, featuring summaries and commentary on recent decisions from the Court of Appeal and Divisional Court that deal with the following issues:
- The Vavilov approach to reasonableness and revisiting Charter values
- Uncertainty remains about application of Vavilov to legislated standard of patent unreasonableness
- Test for examining vires of regulations not impacted by Vavilov
- Oral cautions are not penalties
- Use of video testimony and prior transcripts under the SPPA
- Decision set aside for lack of notice
Should you have any questions about the Newsletter, please feel free to contact the co-editors (Andrea Gonsalves or Justin Safayeni), or another lawyer at Stockwoods LLP.