The Stockwoods Administrative and Regulatory Law Case Review fall issue is now available. You can access it here.
This time, we offer you summaries and commentary on recent decisions from the Court of Appeal, Federal Court of Appeal and Divisional Court, dealing with the following issues:
- Approach to reasonableness review after Vavilov
- Vavilov, not Katz, applies to review of regulations
- Reasonableness review where Tribunal distinguishes precedents
- Zero-tolerance rule for sexual relationships between regulated health professionals and patients upheld
- Decision to “jump” a joint submission on penalty upheld
- Subsequent de novo process can cure serious procedural fairness flaws
Special thanks to Dragana Rakic for guest co-editing this issue.
Should you have any questions about the Newsletter, please feel free to contact the co-editors (Andrea Gonsalves or Justin Safayeni), or another lawyer at Stockwoods LLP.